YOU WILL ALWAYS FEEL TIRED AND RUN DOWN IF YOU DON’T CHANGE.
Here are 5 EASY things you can do to increase energy levels and give yourself some much needed TLC.
1. HYDRATE. Are you sighing and saying “I definitely need to drink more water.”?
START IT UP! 99% of the chemical reactions that occur in your body require water to take place. Automatically increase energy levels and take stress off of your body by doing this first. Bonus: add a pinch of Celtic sea salt to balance out the mineral content.
2. FOCUS ON WHAT YOU CAN CONTROL. Stressing over things that you can’t change right now? Please stop doing that. It’s draining and you know it. Focus on the things you can control, like what food you eat and how much water you drink. Just because you made mac and cheese for the kids doesn’t mean they shoved it down your throat. Eat an apple.
3. CHANGE YOUR SLEEP HABITS. There is nothing more restorative than a good night of sleep. Prioritize going to bed on time. Stop eating at 6:30 pm. Dim the lights down in your house after 6:30 pm.
Turn the tv off and read. Minimize stressful stimuli at night, as this will increase your stress hormone (cortisol) production when you need it to be low. Don’t drink too much water too close to bedtime or you will be up peeing all night. Read “Get 8 hours worth of sleep in 6 hours”) for the full detail on that.
4. SPEND TIME OUTSIDE. Do you remember what birds and trees look like in real life? Throw your cell phone into a dark hole for 30 minutes and go for a walk outside. Studies have shown that it dramatically reduces stress. Doctors in Sweden have begun prescribing time in nature that to patients.
5. EAT NOURISHING FOOD, NOT THE DRAINING ONES. Firstly, increase your intake of fresh foods that will give you energy. Add more fresh fruits and vegetables. Then, try to avoid processed food to the best of your ability.
Did you know that some foods actually take more energy away from you in order to digest, assimilate, metabolize, and eliminate, rather than providing energy to you? Avoid grains, processed foods, alcohol, dairy, sugar, crackers, cookies, whenever possible (to be blunt here, it’s always possible, its just hard.)
Looking to take your energy to a NEW LEVEL?
Connect with Sean for a 30 Minute Weekly Accountability/Lifestyle Coaching session to keep you on track.